A garage floor coating is one of the most cost-effective ways to upgrade your concrete garage floor. Besides transforming the floor’s appearance, the coating can help improve your property’s value. A recent study by HomeAdvisor found that garage flooring can increase your home’s value more than any other flooring type (except ceramic).
Specifically, epoxy garage coatings can increase a property’s value by up to $8 per square foot. If you want to enhance your home’s value with garage floor coatings, BadAss Garage Floors is here to help.
We pride ourselves on offering high-quality polyaspartic and epoxy garage coatings in Atlanta and the surrounding areas. If you’re ready to transform your garage floor, contact us today for a free quote.
Top 5 Benefits of Garage Floor Coatings
Many homeowners think that garage floor coatings are only for aesthetics, but they offer several other benefits. Here are some of the top reasons you should coat garage concrete floors:
- Improved appearance: Garage floor coatings come in a wide selection of designs, textures, patterns, and colors that enhance the aesthetic appeal of concrete surfaces. Even if you choose a simple, clear coat, its shine and gleam will give your garage floor a sparkling look.
- Improved safety: Your garage floor is prone to spills and wetness that put your family at risk of slip and fall accidents. Adding colored flake chips to your garage floor coating can make your concrete surface slip-resistant and attractive.
- Enhanced durability: Unlike bare concrete flooring, a robust coating can take a beating for years without wearing out. Many coatings are also highly resistant to staining and scratching. Overall, the coating is a long-term upgrade that will protect your garage floor for over 20 years.
- Easy cleaning and maintenance: The garage is one of the areas in a home that take the most abuse. It’s often the family workshop, regularly exposed to paint, oil, and chemical spills. These contaminants can create an awful mess on bare concrete floors. However, most garage coatings resist dirt, dust, grime, and moisture. Any spills can come off easily and quickly, leaving your garage floor looking clean and fresh.
- Improved resale value: According to the Impulse Research survey, 80% of homebuyers consider the garage when making their purchasing decision. If you neglect your garage, it may deter potential buyers. A professionally installed garage floor coating can boost your property value when you decide to sell one day.
You may opt for DIY garage floor coating to save a few dollars, but professional installation is advisable if you want to enjoy the benefits above.
7 Reasons to Choose Epoxy Garage Coatings in Atlanta, GA
While there are numerous types of concrete coatings, many property owners in Atlanta prefer epoxy garage coatings because of their many benefits. This coating comprises epoxide resin and polyamine hardener, translating to exceptional strength and durability.
Depending on your floor’s square footage, an epoxy coating could deliver up to 5x return on resale value against the cost of the floor. Even if you aren’t concerned about the resale value, an epoxy garage floor is more practical than plain concrete.
Below are seven of the most notable benefits of epoxy floor coating:
An epoxy gives your garage floor a durable finish that can last over 20 years. Besides holding up impressively against wear and tear, these coatings are resistant to damage, chipping, and chemicals.
When it comes to impact resistance, epoxy can hold over 10,000 psi (pounds per square inch). Your plain concrete flooring can only withstand 3,000 – 5,000 psi.
Installing epoxy coating means adding a layer of protection to your concrete surface, minimizing damage. The coating reduces the likelihood of oil stains on your garage floor, so you can easily clean the mess after servicing your vehicle in the garage. It also ensures your flooring is safe from various salts and solvents.
Epoxy garage coatings improve safety for you and your loved ones. They are fire-resistant and significantly minimize slippage, so you don’t have to worry about slip-and-fall accidents.
The vibrant colors and reflective, smooth surface help brighten your garage and improve its overall visual appeal.
Installing epoxy coating helps protect your garage floor against moisture damage. Since epoxy surfaces often get slippery when wet, consider adding some grip to the final coat to create a non-stick surface and minimize slippage.
We’ve seen many buyers look at garage flooring before making a purchase decision. Prospective buyers prefer attractive, durable garage floors and are willing to pay more for properties with this feature.
Bare cement often sheds over time, leading to ‘dusting.’ Vehicle and foot traffic can kick up the dust, which will settle on your tools, cars, and other valuables in the garage. Adding an epoxy garage floor coating provide anti-dusting benefits, making it easier to keep your garage clean.
Contact BadAss Garage Floors for High-Quality Epoxy Garage Coatings
Now that you know how garage floor coating can improve your property’s value, you can get the best epoxy and polyaspartic coatings from BadAss Garage Floors. We have over ten years of industry experience, specializing in epoxy base coats and polyaspartic top coats.